Friday, October 3, 2008

Zebras, baboons, and some others

Yesterday after our final day of VBS (more on that later), we gathered up the whole team and went to Cape Point and the Cape of Good Hope- the southwestern most point in South Africa. It was BEAUTIFUL! Whitney and I hiked all the way up there- Bob would have been so proud! :) On our way back, we saw a zebra!! I finally felt like I was really in Africa. There was some other animal out there too but I can't remember what it was called. Maybe it was an antelope? We had been hearing all along that there are tons of baboons out here but hadn't seen any until we were pulling out of the park. We had stopped to watch them for a minute but as we were beginning to pull away, a baboon went up to the car behind us and jumped in their open window!! It was seriously the funniest thing I have ever seen in my life! We got some good pictures. As depressing as yesterday could have been, it chalked up to be a pretty awesome day.

Today, half of our team leaves to come back to Nashville and half of us are heading over to Hermanus for some whale watching. Most of you know how excited I was about shark diving...I have decided not to do it. I was talking to this guy the other day who had just done it and said that he was sick from start to finish. He said it was the most miserable day of his life. And since I get pretty motion sick just driving around some curves, I decided I would rather not waste my last day in South Africa being sick. So I am going to sit myself on a beach somewhere and just enjoy the day and reflect on the trip. Sounds pretty wonderful to me.

Please be praying for our team that is heading home today...and for those that have decided to go through with the shark diving. :) They'll need it.

1 comment:

Amy-Jo said...

Hope your devotional time went well.
Praying for you.