Friday, May 11, 2007

I've always considered myself a morning person. Not necessarily one that wakes up at the crack of dawn but I'm usually in really good moods in the morning and as the day goes on the mood becomes less good (but never becomes bad...yeah, never). But I realized last night as I was stirring in my bed that I think way more clearly and realistically at night. I often lay in bed for hours before I fall asleep because I think too much. Should I move to Africa? Should I go off to seminary or just do it here? Should I even go to seminary at all? Do I really like cats?

I wouldn't say that I am unrealistic in the mornings, just...optimisitic. On sunny mornings when the birds are chirping outside my window (much like this morning) I feel like I can conquer the world...like the Barenaked Ladies. This isn't a bad thing. Since I discovered these tendencies of mine last night, I have grown to like them. I just need to remember that I should only make important decisions late at night. But what happens when I wake up the morning after a decision and think differently because I am thinking with more optimism? What do I go with then? My clearer, more realistic decision from the night before? Or the optimistic, shiney-sun decision?

Oh boy...I make my brain hurt sometimes...

Another character trait that I've realized recently, err...I should say had pointed out to me recently...I am over-analytical. Sometimes I think so much that I forget to talk.

No comments: