Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Leaving on a jet plane

Tomorrow morning at 11:30 am, my plane will take off to head on my long anticipated journey to Cape Town, South Africa. When I started working at Brentwood Baptist, I learned about our church's great partnership with John Thomas and Living Hope. And here I am, 2.5 years later, finally getting to go on my first trip to this great place. Here is a link to our church's mission's website that tell of this partnership...

http://www.brentwoodmissions.com/news_detail.php?news_id=41

There are about 30 people on our team. Some people will be doing construction tasks, others will be doing a retreat for the healthcare workers at Living Hope, and the team I am on will be doing VBS in several of the local townships. I will be in a place called Red Hill with 2 other team members. They have told us that there could be 200-400 children at each location. WOW! 200-400 kids with 3 of us?? Thats not quite the 5:1 ratio I was used to while working M-Fuge! I really have no idea what to expect!

Please pray for our team in these ways:

-Pray for safe travel. We fly from Nashville to New York and then New York to Cape Town (20 hour flight!) with a fuel stop in somewhere in West Africa.
-Pray for our health.
-Pray that I have a peace about teaching the VBS curriculum. I've got teaching students down pat, but its been a while since I've worked with kids! Lets hope its like riding a bike :)
-Pray that our team is united. With lots of different ministry tasks going on, I am praying that there is no division among the team and that we are all willing to help wherever the need is.

Hopefully I will be able to update you all and post some pictures! Thank you for your prayers and support!

"I thank my God everytime I remember you." Phil. 1:3

No comments: