Friday, December 22, 2006

Music Lust


So I bought this book for a friend of mine for Christmas. But I want to keep it for myself...I think its pretty awesome. Nic Harcourt is a DJ out in California. He hosts the show "Morning Becomes Eclectic." I really wish I could listen to his show. I bet it is fantastic. Anyway, he wrote this book which covers all important music. If someone was new to Earth and had never heard music before, they should read this book to find out what they have missed out on.
One of the greatest things about this book is that he actually gives thematic playlists. Some of the playlists he includes are "Great Road Music," "Twenty Essential Albums of the Twenty- First Century (so far)," "Great First Albums," and "Britpop" (one of my personal favorites since this is the list that includes Oasis.) He also lists the most quintessential albums for each decade starting with the fifties. This book is a must-have for all music-lovers. Grab a cup of coffee and enjoy!


No comments: