Friday, January 30, 2009

"A life of love"

My friend Andrea did this photo tag thing on her blog where you're supposed to go to your 4th photo album, and post the 4th photo that is in that album and tell about it-- and then name 4 people that are supposed to do it next. Being one of her four, I decided to bite the bullet and really do it; however, I am still vetoing the "25 things" facebook craze. Since I am at work, I decided to look in my pictures here to see what that pic would be and I promise, promise, promise this is it:



Most of you have seen this picture before. Ever since I took it and realized how wonderful it was, I have used it for lots of things-- decoration in our office, encouragement to leaders on the Chicago mission trip last summer, etc. But for those of you who have never seen it and don't know who this person is, let me tell you...

This is Danny Poole. THE Danny Poole or Papa Poole as we have begun calling him since this camp experience. Danny has been working with the student here at BBC for 27 years! It would be an understatement to say that he is committed to seeing teenagers grow in their walks with Christ.

This picture was taken at High School Summer Camp '08. During Rec time one day, we had the 200 students spread all across the field doing different team building/trust type activities. In this event, all the students lined up in 2 lines standing facing each other with their arms straight out. Each brave volunteer would then start at the end of the row and run through the 'tunnel' trusting that every person was going to lift their arms just in time to avoid complete decapitation. I was wandering around the field taking pics of each event and got to this one just in time! Everything about this picture is perfect-- and I'm not bragging on my obviously genius photo skills-- I am bragging on this man. Look at that joy on his face! Danny loves the Lord, he loves life, and he loves our students! I've been working with teenagers and leaders of teenagers now for some time and out of all the leaders through Fuge and other churches that I've been a part of, this man takes the cake.

Without a doubt, I know that God's calling on my life is to reach teenagers for Him. He hasn't revealed the details of that calling to me yet, but right now I love that I get to learn from amazing leaders like DP who have been emmersed in this ministry for so long.

So for that I say-- THANK YOU, DANNY POOLE! Thank you for your committment to love teenagers for Jesus. We all love you! You truly exemplify the verse:

"Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ love us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God." Ephesians 5:1-2.

Okay, now I say Arley, Brittney, Karyn, and Tina. Y'alls turn!

3 comments:

KK said...

bahahahahahaha. I laughed outloud. I might have to check your picture stash the next time I'm in the office to make sure its legit. bahahaha. I LOVE IT.

Anonymous said...

This is hilarious!! He looks reaaaaallly happy :-) So sweet of you to share about him.

I looked at the 4th photo in my 4th album and it was NOT interesting and didn't inspire me to write anything. Maybe I will participate in the 25 things instead.

How'd your shoe shopping go?

Anonymous said...

I believe i was the one that started the phrase papa poole...aaron and sam were there too in chicago when the idea came to mind...